I think we should have a (semi)-complete help section by the time we get out of private beta. Therefore, I thing we should start making our help section right now. Each answer to this question is a CW answer, so feel free to edit whatever you can to populate various sections of the help. I have selected the main sections of our help that we should probably modify for our uses. Let's do this!
Puzzling Stack Exchange is for people studying the creation and solving of puzzles.
Wikipedia defines puzzle as a game or problem which tests the ingenuity of a would-be solver. In a puzzle, one is required to put pieces together, in a logical way, in order to arrive at the correct solution of the puzzle. There are different types of puzzles:
- A chess problems
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Mathematical puzzles
- Mechanical puzzles
- Metapuzzles, puzzles which unite elements of other puzzles.
- Paper-and-pencil puzzles
- Peg solitaire
- Sliding puzzles
- Spot the Difference
- Word puzzles, including anagrams, ciphers, crossword puzzles, and word search puzzles.
We welcome questions about:
- Creation of puzzles. For example:
- "How to make this puzzle more difficult?".
- Solution or strategy for a specific puzzle or puzzle group. For example:
- "How to solve this puzzle?"
- "Why this solution works?"
- "General strategy for 2048"
- A facts about a specific puzzle. For example:
- "Who is the author of this puzzle?"
- "How many distinct unsolvable Rubik's cubes exist?"
- The rules of a specific puzzle