Your friendly neighbourhood moderators are fairly active in chat in The Sphinx's Lair, but we realize that we can only do so much.
We would like to add some new room owners, who will inherit certain privileges to help with moderation of The Sphinx's Lair.
A room owner has the following privileges (in addition to whatever privileges are afforded them by their reputation):
- edit the room name and description
- pin a message (a pin is a super-star)
- remove stars from messages
- grant explicit read or write access (for when a user might not otherwise have it)
- grant room ownership
- modify chat feeds
- move messages to a different room
- schedule chat events
- kick-mute disruptive users
We are asking for your nominations of people who would make good room owners. The criteria we feel are important for this job are:
- fairly active in chat (specifically in The Sphinx's Lair)
- have demonstrated maturity and impartiality
- are positive contributors to the site
Each answer should contain one nomination. Please structure your nomination like the example below. Feel free to share whatever you think is relevant to your candidate’s ability to perform well as a room owner.
Sphinx Of Black Quartz
Sphinx of Black Quartz has been an active and polite user in The Sphinx's Lair. She always judges my vows with impartiality, and is welcoming and encouraging to new users. She calls out inappropriate behaviour when she sees it.
I believe SoBQ would make an excellent room owner in The Sphinx's Lair.
Sphinx of Black Quartz, judge my vow!