This is the ninth installment of the Monthly Topic Challenges with topics suggested and voted on here. This month's topic is "Game/Quiz Shows" (suggested by HTM) and will span from the 1st of April to the 30th of April. During this period, we will compile the list of relevant questions and post it as an answer to this question.
In the meantime, please go and propose and vote on future challenges!
Everyone have fun, and happy puzzling!
Link to other Monthly Topic Challenges.
The suggestion is copied to this post for posterity.
This... is... Puzzling! Let's meet this month's topic challengers...
Create a puzzle themed around a real-life game or quiz show. The puzzle must involve the basic format of the overall show in some way, e.g. a Jeopardy!-themed puzzle might include answering trivia questions chosen from a board, while an Only Connect-themed puzzle might include sequence questions and a connect-wall.
Some examples on this site, including the game/quiz shows they reference:
- Let's spin the wheel! - Wheel of Fortune
- The Slumdog millionaire series - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- Can I have a 'P' please, Bob? - Blockbusters (this is what inspired me to come up with this proposal)
And Wikipedia has "Lists of game shows" from a variety of countries, linked here for informational and inspirational purposes.
- Puzzles that are dressed up as or reference game/quiz shows but do not directly involve the format of a real-life show are not eligible for this challenge, e.g. the connect-wall
- Puzzles asking about optimal strategies for playing game/quiz shows are eligible, as long as what the "best" strategy is can be objectively quantified, e.g. Monopoly Game Show: Is there a winning strategy?
Copied from my submission for the Fortnightly Topic Challenges Threrun (over a year and a half ago... time flies huh?)