I'm an active member of the ELL community because explaining why something is said the way it is in English is a great way to learn advanced grammar, which I was never formally taught.
Helping folks learn English has been a great tool for my own studies in French, and learning what it's like to be a student in another language has helped me better understand the perspectives of people here who are learning English.
Keep practicing, keep asking questions, never stop learning.
"A true master is an eternal student." -Master Yi
Member for 4 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 16 '15 at 11:01
Top network posts
- 93 Can I write "nonsensual data" for data that makes no sense?
- 19 A sentence in Present tense was understood as future tense
- 19 Is it correct to ask "who needs a dragons"?
- 16 What does "the brass" mean, exactly, in military context?
- 15 suspended with pay -- meaning?
- 13 Has "aught" survived in common usage?
- 13 What famous line does this Linux command line represent?
- View more network posts →