PhD Candidate at UNM studying Statistics and Computer Science.
This is how I feel about my dissertation:
"Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law” -Douglas Hofstadter
Member for 4 years, 4 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jun 29 '18 at 21:36
Top network posts
- 19 How many times to repeat an event with known probability before it has occurred a number of times
- 14 How do I determine whether two correlations are significantly different?
- 12 A peculiar painting
- 12 Unbiased estimator of $\lambda(1 - e^\lambda)$ when $x_1,\ldots,x_n$ are i.i.d Poisson($\lambda$)
- 9 Unbiased, positive estimator for the square of the mean
- 8 What is the intuitive meaning behind plugging a random variable into its own pdf or cdf?
- 8 Uncle Jimothy and the Kriegspiel match
- View more network posts →