Anthony G - justice for Monica
Stack Exchange did an amazing job of building up a very high quality repository of technical questions and answers. They did this by providing tools that allowed a community of dedicated people to curate this body of knowledge. Unfortunately, over the past number of years, the interests of the corporation (short-term user growth at the expense of else) have diverged from that of the community (maintain high quality). This letter expresses these ideas more eloquently than I can.
I was an active volunteer (flagging, reviewing, voting, improving tags, etc.) but after the straw that broke the camel’s back, I will no longer give up my free time to help moderate these sites.
- Unix & Linux 8.8k 8.8k 55 gold badges4242 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.6k 8.6k 44 gold badges3737 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Super User 3k 3k 1717 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.1k 1.1k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 259 Why is the use of len(SEQUENCE) in condition values considered incorrect by Pylint?
- 119 Viewing all iptables rules
- 106 Is Vim immune to copy-paste attack?
- 69 Why does bashrc check whether the current shell is interactive?
- 58 Get SSH server key fingerprint
- 58 Are shell scripts sensitive to encoding and line endings?
- 49 Run ./script.sh vs bash script.sh - permission denied
- View more network posts →