I started my programmer life as a masters level economist working as a government contractor assessing risk on imported products.
My initial foray was janky at best. I spent dozens of hours a day automating these algorithms to pull in news sources and provide me with data. Along the way, I learned a lot about microbiology -- as one would expect assessing rotting food.
Now, I am a PhD student in the Department of Genetics at UW - Madison interested in developing basic tools for bioinformaticians, especially those who perform genome arithmetic.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Member for 4 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 16 '16 at 14:49
- Stack Overflow 5.5k 5.5k 66 gold badges3434 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Linguistics 870 870 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 868 868 11 gold badge88 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Chemistry 860 860 11 gold badge77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Physics 514 514 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 145 Regex, every non-alphanumeric character except white space or colon
- 115 How to do a regular expression replace in MySQL?
- 61 In Fight Club is Marla Singer a second figment of Jack's imagination?
- 58 What is the difference between hash salting and noncing?
- 55 Mysql error 1452 - Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails
- 40 Why are so many forces explainable using inverse squares when space is three dimensional?
- 35 How to change all occurrences of a word in all files in a directory
- View more network posts →